Friday, June 8, 2012

Aunt Kaysie

My first week back to work was a success! Every single day it felt like pure torture to leave him but I knew he was in good hands.  I had to put on a brave face (I don't think Kaysie would want to see me bawl my eyes out every morning) and just walk out the door.  The good thing about my job is the second I walk in the door, it is non stop until I walk out the door.  I don't have much time to think of anything else but work.  Although, the other good thing about my job is I have very caring co-workers and resident's.  They all asked how Greyson was and all wanted to see pictures.  Every time someone would ask I would get a little pain in my heart because it reminded me I wasn't home with him but I love talking about him.   It was a very busy week back! I pulled some long days but I know it will get better and easier. 

Aunt Kaysie has done great with him and obviously loves him like crazy.  She probably got sick of me calling to check on him but she never acted like it.  She is so patient and kind with him.  I have known Kaysie since she was in kindergarten and to watch her grow up into the young woman she is becoming has been wonderful.  I am so proud of her.  I see such a nurturing instinct in her and I am thankful we are able to have her here for the summer.  She puts up with my hovering, worrying and constant double checking! She can make Greyson smile with her funny voices or faces, she sings to him, bounces him and anything else to make him happy.  We love her so much!


The other sad part of me going back to work is I didn't get to take a ton of pictures throughout the week. Boo! So, we had fun tonight taking lots of pictures, that's why he is in the same outfit in all the pictures. Lol! I think the purple crying is starting to slow down.  All my research online shows it like a bell curve so I am sure we are on our way down the curve, at least I hope so! We are getting longer periods of a happy, awake baby.  I just pray it continues and eventually we will have a happy baby all the time!

We had some funny moments this week, he discovered his foot and couldn't stop staring at it.  He kept going cross eyed looking at it! Sadly, Cody had him in the bedroom when this was happening and I ran in without my phone.  He loves when we stick out our tongue, he will copy us and just smile! I love seeing what each day brings! It just feels as if he has been apart of us forever.  I fall in love with him more each day and every day I don't think I could love him more than I already do.  I just think about how blessed we are and it brings me to tears every time. 




Ready to go!

I can't wait until a little giggle comes out with this smile! He acts like he is trying so hard!

I think he thinks it's funny when I have to change a stinky diaper!  I gagged once and a giant smile appeared! Lol!

We had another fun night of bathing as well.  I know everyone knows by now it is one of our favorite things.  So here is some pictures instead of me talking about it again! I love trying to figure out what he is thinking, so I put my own spin on it!

"Keep the warm water coming!"

"Then what happened?"

"Lol! Dad, you crack me up!"

I love putting words in his mouth! I know I am a dork for trying but it's okay, I don't mind!

We look forward to another week with Aunt Kaysie and are excited to see what other fun things it my bring! Hopefully lots of this:


Have a great weekend everyone! 

No comments:

Post a Comment