Saturday, December 28, 2013

Thanksgiving and Christmas 2013

The holidays in this house were some fun ones.  We spend a lot of time with family which we love.  This year we spent Thanksgiving at my parents house.  We had lots of food and fun! We always play a game together and laugh way to much!







Grandpa and Greyson watching "What does the fox say?".  Grey loves that song!
 
 
We also got some wonderful news!! Greyson will have a cousin in July! Congratulations to Jake and Kassidy! We are so excited to have a little baby to snuggle with and tiny cheeks to kiss.  It makes me baby hungry!
 
The Saturday after Thanksgiving we had  dinner with Cody's family.  We ate more yummy food and had a good time. 
 


Greyson and Lincoln plotting an escape!





Early Christmas presents from Grandma Orgill!

Christmas is my absolute favorite holiday! I love the music, decorations and atmosphere.  It makes me so happy! Greyson was so much fun this year.  I've been telling Greyson about how Jesus was born on Christmas morning.  We have been singing happy birthday to Him.  Grey got to be apart of the Christmas play at church.  He was an angel.  He wasn't to sure what to think of everything but he sat politely with his teacher while the rest of the kids sang the songs.  I was nervous he would try and run to us when he saw us but he didn't.  I was so happy he participated!
 





Post chocolate chip cookie!!
The next week, we went to get our tree.  I love picking out our Christmas tree! (Remember, I LOVE everything about Christmas! I get excited over every little thing!) Greyson couldn't wait to get out of our arms and run around.  Cody and Grey found our perfect tree.  Greyson was much more involved in helping us decorate it! I showed him how to hang the ornaments on the tree, he then proceeded to throw them on the tree.  He thought it was a pretty fun, after a while, he got the hang of it. 
 
 


 

 
 
Christmas Eve came and we spent the evening with my family.  We all got spoiled! We all got Brian Reagan tickets! We have went every time he has been to SLC.  It's becoming a fun tradition! My dad also made us a home made aggravation game board.  Greyson realized that opening presents meant something fun was inside.  He loved it.  We all ended the night with a wild game of Scategories.  That game is seriously so fun!
 
 




 
 
 
 
 
 
 
Christmas morning came and we had to wake Greyson up. We were both so excited for him to see what he got.  Poor kid wasn't a happy camper when we woke him up.  He was teething and his little cheeks were all swollen.  Darn it! Growing up, when Santa left all the presents, he left Hershey's kisses all over the place and we were told it was his left over magic.  I loved this as a kid.  When Santa made it to our house this year, Greyson's presents were covered in Hershey's kisses.  Little Grey was concerned about all the left over magic and had to clean it up before he got in his truck Santa brought him.  Silly kid! He then wouldn't leave the truck and opened a few presents while sitting in the truck.  We finally coaxed him out and he enjoyed opening the rest of his gifts. 
 
 
 
 
 




 
 
 
 
We got ready for the day and headed up to Cody's parents house.  We had a yummy breakfast and then enjoyed opening gifts.  Greyson got lots of books, clothes, Noah's Ark set and dump trucks. 
 
 
 
 
 



We were exhausted and headed home.  We just relaxed for the rest of the evening at home while Greyson enjoyed all his new toys. 




 
Greyson is going through some major growth spurts. He is getting molars and talking a lot more.  He still will not call me mom, still calls me dad! His vocabulary is picking up a little more each week.  I'm also wondering if terrible twos starts early?! He is getting into this stage of throwing himself to the floor whenever he doesn't get something he wants.  Lets just say I have had to start time outs which he seems to understand.  He knows to stay in the corner until I say he can come out.  Overall though, he is a such a good little boy.  He listens so well and does what he is told (for the most part!).   This post has been long but I will end it with other random pictures from the last couple of months. 
 
 




Morgan got a ton of snow with the last few storms.



Loves his Dad!


Cody was out of town for work and I told Greyson to tell Dad hi.  This was what I got!



He loves potato soup.  We also think he looks like a lumberjack when he wears this shirt. 
 
 
2013 was a good year to us.  I have been blessed to go part time and be home more with my little guy.  We know that 2014 is going to be a good year with a new little cousin coming along for Greyson.  We are praying God opens the door for us to adopt again. We will keep praying and see what happens.  We know God is in control and a brother or sister will come eventually for him.  We have faith. 
 
 
 
We hope everyone had a wonderful Christmas and has a Happy New Year!
Goodbye 2013, hello 2014!!


No comments:

Post a Comment