Monday, November 11, 2013

Halloween 2013

This Halloween was epic! I had the idea for Greyson's costume for a couple of months.  I wasn't sure if I could pull it off.  Usually what happens in person is very different than from what I had in mind.  He turned out perfect! I ordered his outfit on Amazon after days of searching for exactly what I had in mind.  Cody made the cane which turned out better than I could have ever imagined. 

Presenting.......

 
Carl from "Up"
 
 
 
 
 
After I got home from work, we dressed him up and headed down to my old work for Trick-or-Treating.  I love it because Mountain Ridge gets into Halloween.  All the resident's sit outside their doors with buckets of candy.  We just walked through everybody and he caught on pretty quick.  He would reach in the person's bucket, grab a piece of candy (or handful) and put it in the bag I was holding.  He was a pro by the end! I thought it would be a better experience for his first time Trick-or-Treating in a more controlled, warm environment.  Next year we will hit the neighborhood!  We got home in time to hand out candy to all the kids that came through our neighborhood.  I love handing out candy! I love to see all the cute kids dressed up! Greyson of course had to help and hold the bucket or give the kids a piece of candy.  Every time the door bell rang, he would light up and run to the door as fast as he could.  What a little cutie!
 
We also were able to visit a pumpkin patch a week before Halloween.  Greyson loved it! He was enthralled with the tractor that pulled us on our hay ride! (We know what we are getting him for Christmas!) He loved the slides, music and ability to just run wild. 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
I can already tell that this years holiday's are going to be so much more fun than last year.  He has such a big personality.  Most people don't get to see it though, he is so shy and timid around people.  I can't go down the toy isle in the store without him trying to launch himself out of the cart to get a toy.  Christmas is going to be fun!
 
We have had a string of sickness roll through this Orgill household. Poor Grey had one day of being super cranky and ended up throwing up a couple of times.  I have had a cold/cough for about 10 days and then topped if off with a flu the last couple of days.  Yay! I think were over the worst here and I pray we are good for the rest of the winter! Bleh!
 
Here is some more randomness from our days!
 
 
 
Who doesn't love Halloween Oreos?!
 
Helping dad give Otis a bath.

 
 
He was fascinated by the snow! We didn't make it out there before it melted. 
 
 
Watching "Cars"
 
 
 
Thanksgiving is going to be here before we know it.  I am so thankful for this handsome, smart, funny little boy! Cody and I comment pretty much every day how we are so blessed and thankful for him.  We are currently updating our portfolio to hopefully adopt again soon.  We don't want Grey to be an only child.  Everyone pray that the Lord will open the door for us to adopt again soon!
 
I pray everyone has a wonderful Thanksgiving! There is always something to be thankful for!
 
Until next time......




No comments:

Post a Comment