Wednesday, October 16, 2013

A Boy and His Dog

It has been a while since I posted last, we've had a busy few months! I recently quit my full time job and am now working part time.  It has been great being home a couple days a week with my little guy.  He sure has grown these last couple of months.  We just had his 18 month check up and all is well.  He had a growth spurt and shot up 3 inches! Yay! It happened within a couple of weeks.  Pants he wore the week before were all of a sudden to short.  I love seeing him grow and learn. 

Greyson is such a  good little guy.  He listens so well.  He will help pick up his toys and put them away, throws things in the garbage and gives hugs/kisses whenever asked.  He is trying to talk a little more.  He says shoe "shu", Otis "Oosh", done "duh", Dad "dad", Mom "dad" (lol, he will not call me mom!), Mickey "Dee".  He has his own little language and as all moms know, I understand his little language and what he means by the sounds or body language.  I can't believe how blessed we are.  I still look at him and am in awe that he is ours.  I love him more than anything!

Greyson and Otis are two peas in a pod.  There are times I look at Otis as Greyson crawls all over him, pinches him, pulls his hair, steps on him and Otis just looks so patient.  I can tell when Otis get a little tired of it and wants outside.  Greyson's new favorite thing is to grab his tail as Otis walks and it flings Greyson to the ground.  He laughs and laughs and does it again.  There are also times that they are getting into mischief together. I will catch them both getting into something and they both look guilty.  It is funny! Here are lots of pictures depicting the love between these two!

 

 

 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 


Otis is getting older and it makes me sad to think that he won't be around forever.  I think Greyson will keep him young a little longer.  He is such a patient, lovable dog and he is so good with Greyson.  The saying is true, "A dog is a man's best friend.".

I hope everyone is having a great October.  This is my absolute favorite time of year! I love the fall colors, smells and atmosphere.  It just makes me excited for all the holiday's coming up!

I have a great costume for Greyson for Halloween! You will just have to wait and tune in to the next blog post to find out!

Hope everyone has a safe and fun Halloween!


Current stats at 18 months:
Weight: 20lbs 9oz
Height: 31 inches (Yay, on the growth curve! He is in the 25th percentile!)

No comments:

Post a Comment