We are loving the warmer weather. Greyson LOVES to be outside. If he could spend the day from sun up to sun down outside, he would! We have been on lots of walks and just recently started going to the park to play. He is in paradise! He is sooooo close to walking and I'm sure our visits to the park will be much different when he can!
We celebrated Greyson's birthday on March 30th instead of the 31st because of Easter. We had a "Little Man Mustache Bash"! It was so fun! I was worried because I wanted it to be perfect, not boring, fun and for Greyson to love it. Yes, I know he won't remember it, but I want the memories and pictures to last forever! He was a little on the ornery side because he decided to skip his nap before the party (of course). We started with a photo booth to take pictures with mustaches (pics for next time). We opened presents and then let him dive into his smash cake. He is more on the reserved side (just like his dad) so he really didn't make too much of a mess. He just enjoyed every one's giggles, oohs and awes! He was spoiled of course!
| I love this picture, all he wanted to do was play on the floor with that ball. |
I can't believe he is one! Current milestones at one year old:
** Says mama and dada **
** Crawls like a champ **
** Drinks from a sippy **
** Eats pretty much anything he can gum, still no teeth!! **
** Points at anything he wants, sees or wants to touch. **
** He grooves to any tune! **
I'm sure there are more, I just can't think of any more right now. We are starting the separation anxiety phase. It breaks my heart! He is usually really good to just go to the babysitter and is ready to play. Lately, he just wraps his little arms around my neck and starts to cry. I tell ya, it is the hardest thing for me to pry him off of me and leave for work. Ugh.....makes me want to cry every time.
He is still a little guy! He is in 9 month clothes. I'm not sure his exact weight at the moment but I'm thinking about 18lbs. I can't have him forward facing in the car until he is at least 20lbs. Did everyone know that the new guidelines are to keep them rear facing until two now?! I dont' think we will be doing that! He is so bored rear facing. As soon as he hits the 20lb mark, I'm turning him forward. He has a little round belly, we call it his Buddha belly! I'm surprised he is still so little, he eats like a horse! He is healthy and that's all that matters.
![]() |
| Gonna be a lefty like his momma! |
![]() |
| Shopping with Grandma Butcher |
Easter was great! Had a great morning at church with a sunrise service outside in the park, breakfast and fellowship, and then a wonderful service about Christ's death and resurrection. We were then off to the grandparents houses. He again was spoiled and we ate till we were sick.
I'm sure the next month will come with lots of new discoveries and milestones! I know he will be walking soon, he is so close. I also wish he would pop his teeth out. I see six trying to come in but all they are doing is moving around and making him grumpy a few days at a time. Poor dude! Oh well, I get to enjoy that toothless grin a little longer!
Until next time.....

















No comments:
Post a Comment