Friday, January 18, 2013

First Christmas

This Christmas was truly one full of love and joy! It was definitely different this year with a little one involved.  Simple decisions we made all the previous years seemed a little more difficult.  The main question this year was.....real tree or fake tree? We have had a real tree every year since we have been married so of course we went with a real tree, we were just worried about pine needles and a baby that puts everything in sight in his mouth.  He got poked once, cried and didn't touch it again.  Lesson learned! I vowed this year that we weren't going to buy Greyson too much because we were sure he was going to get spoiled (which he did!) and he is still young enough to not really know what is going on.  As we were shopping though, wow, different story! Next thing I know, the cart was full of Greyson items and nothing from my list! I wanted to buy so much for him but realized everything I had wasn't necessary so I put most of it back.  This year seemed a little more hectic but all very worth it.  I forgot about a pie on thanksgiving I was supposed to make and then again on Christmas! Oh my poor mom! She loves me though and wasn't upset.  This is how our Christmas went.....

Christmas Eve......

Our day started with waking up at usual time, eating and watching mickey mouse club.  The following picture isn't the greatest picture, but to me, it shows everything I have been wanting for so long.  It has my little boy so calm and happy and the house warm and cozy.  I have been longing for that for so long. That day I just soaked it in and couldn't get the smile off my face!
 
 
Off we went to Cody's family for Christmas Eve.  We ate dinner and then went into the living room to dive into the massive amounts of gifts! We seriously are so spoiled! Greyson did so well.  About 20 minutes in though, he was exhausted and started to get fussy.  He of course was spoiled with lots of books, toys and clothes!
 
 
 
 
 
Grandpa Orgill lovin' being with his grandsons!
 
We packed up all our new stuff and headed home.  We got Greyson into bed and then it was onto making sure we had each other's stuff ready for the morning.  I got Cody's stocking put together and he was in the other room getting mine together.  We then turn off all the lights and put them under the tree so we couldn't see what we got each other.  Off to bed we went.....
 
Christmas Day......
 
I still feel like a little girl on Christmas morning.  I can't wait for Cody to open his gifts and also for Greyson to open the few things we did get him.  When I was a kid, we weren't allowed into the living room until the Christmas lights were on, the fire was going, Christmas music playing and coffee brewing.  I have kind of done something similar for Cody and I.  Every year, I will go into the living room and turn on the Christmas lights and Christmas music all the while trying not to look at my stocking and wrapped gifts.  I would then go get Cody and we would walk in together.  My favorite thing as a kid was "Santa's left over magic" (Hershey's kisses) all over the floor and presents. It made everything so magical! They would sparkle under the Christmas lights and just added to the excitement.  This year, I grabbed Greyson and I walked into the living room in the dark to turn on the lights and music.  I stepped on something and couldn't figure out what it was.  I turned on the lights and I saw "Santa's left over magic" all over the floor! I was so happy and got a little teary eyed. My amazing dad had arranged with all of our spouses to make sure we had magic on the floor when we woke up! Aww!
 
 
We opened each other's gifts and Greyson sort of opened some of his gifts.  Like all babies, he was more interested in the wrapping and boxes than the actual gift. 
 
 
He was just content to play as Cody and I cleaned up before we headed out to my parents house.
 
 
 
We arrived at my parent's house and this is the first thing we saw! So cute!
 
My dad has a red and white GTS, he put the GTS stickers on this walker!
 
 
His initial reaction to it was obviously not happy! We were teasing that he wanted a Ford.  He eventually warmed up to it.
 
Literally the center of attention!
 
After being spoiled with more toys and clothes, we had dinner and headed home that evening. What an amazing couple of days.  So busy but so fun!  We had the next couple of days off from work so we cleaned and organized trying to make room for everything we got.  Greyson now loves his GTS walker and zooms around the kitchen in it.
 
 
 
This week has been a little rough.  We have had a sick little boy that doesn't want to be put down. Four days of high fever and no appetite.  This winter is such a bad cold/flu season.  He has been doing better the last couple of days.  All I can say is I am thankful for Motrin and Tylenol!

I hope everyone else had a wonderful Christmas!

Until next time....



Current stats:
Weight: 16.8lbs
Length: 26.5 inches

1 comment:

  1. Great post! I love the GTS walker. How fun is that? He looks great and sounds like you guys are doing well.

    ReplyDelete