Poor little Greyson was having a fussy day and dealing with his reflux, I was finally able to calm him down and decided to get a toy for him to distract him. Of course, stores feel the need to zip tie everything down like the product is made of gold! I decided to cut the zip ties with scissors and the scissors attacked! I am left handed but since this world is such a right handed world, I cut with my right hand. So, my left hand was stabbed by those scissors about an inch deep, ouch! The next few moments were interesting! Blood everywhere, Greyson screaming and me just trying to figure out what the heck just happened. Poor Cody got a frantic phone call because I honestly didn't know what to do. Yes, I know, I am a nurse. When it comes to myself, I feel stupid!! Three fingers numb, still bleeding and Greyson still crying. Luckily, my neighbor is an EMT and she came over to bandage me up. My mom came and off to the ER we went. This is the result of my fight with the scissors and zip tie......
![]() |
| About an inch deep wound, my thumb and first two fingers were numb :-( |
![]() |
| End result |
1. Cut AWAY from yourself (yes dad, I know you have taught me that all my life)
2. Caring for a fussy baby is very easy with two hands, learned that after trying to care for him with one hand! LOL!
Little Greyson has experienced a lot over his short few weeks life. We have been on reflux medication since he was about two weeks old but it never seemed effective. We recently switched to Prevacid. We haven't seen much improvement quite yet but we will give it some time. His formula he is on is pretty thin so we are adding rice cereal to it to thicken it. Again, still haven't noticed much improvement. He still cries and spits up a lot after each feeding. So, we will just keep praying he feels better soon. Learning experience through reflux:
Patience......and being willing to smell like spit up!
This week we also experienced another new thing: Purple Crying...Yikes!
I noticed he was getting more fussy and the usual things that would calm him were not working. I was worried that something was seriously wrong with my poor little man. We switched pediatricians this week and I LOVE our new one! She is fabulous! I am so happy we made the switch. She just said all babies go through this and to give time, it will pass. So, that is what we will do, give it time. Learning experience through purple crying:
I have a wonderful husband (which I already knew) who is willing to do anything to soothe his son.
![]() |
| I was waiting for a throw up incident to happen here! |
The positive side to all of this fussiness is I get to see that cute bottom lip every time he is crying, I LOVE IT!!
We discovered mom's hair is what works the best to soothe him. I will probably have no hair left by the time he is a year old but totally worth it!

We love every minute of being parents, even through all the anxious moments, worries, crying and spit up. The moment he makes eye contact with you and calms down is worth everything. I wouldn't trade this for anything else in the world. I love him more than words can describe.
![]() |
| Six weeks old! |
![]() |
| Trying to wake up but not sure he wants to! |
We are going to continue to enjoy every moment and just snuggle all the time. Who needs a clean house and clothes anyway?! :-)











No comments:
Post a Comment