Cody has been an amazing father and helps anytime. He is excited to get home from work and spend time with his little family. He is the pro at bathing Grey. He has the strong hands that can hang on to him when he is squirming! We had to start out doing sponge baths until his umbilical cord fell off.
![]() |
| One of the first baths we did, he was naked with only one sock and bib! |
We were finally able to do a tub bath this last Tuesday and he loved it!
We really haven't been able to set a routine quite yet. I'm pretty much at his beck and call! He's hungry, I feed him. He's dirty, I change him. Oh how I love it. It definitely is exhausting and tiring but so worth it. He is generally a good sleeper, up about every 3-4 hours to eat. By about 2 or 3 in the afternoon, I am exhausted. I take advantage of him sleeping and take a little snooze myself. Its funny how your non-stop. When he is sleeping, all your thinking about is laundry, dishes, what to make for dinner and how tired you are. I am trying not to worry about those things and savor all the moments. I notice he is awake a little more each day. Wide eyed and just checking out his surroundings. He loves his swing and will just listen to the music as he sways back and forth. He is such a happy baby when his poor belly isn't bothering him.

We do tummy time every day. Some days he enjoys it, other days, not so much. He is such a strong little guy. I am amazed at his movements. A couple days after he was home, he rolled over in his bassinet. Cody and I looked at each other surprised and wondering if that really just happened. I know he is to young to really have done that and I think it was just cause he was crying and somehow managed it. He has done twice since but we think we helped him cheat!! He will turn his head to our voices when on his tummy. He manages to scoot a little ways with his leg movements. Not far but enough to notice. He will follow our faces when looking at us. Such a smart little guy! I can't wait for that first true smile when he looks up at me and smiles. Ahh! I can't wait!
For now, I am going to enjoy all the little moments. Him looking in my eyes as he eats or is falling asleep. Watching Cody interact with him. Watching Otis be so protective of him. Crying when he just wants his mom and settles down the second I hold him. Such special moments that I am so grateful to the Lord for. I have waited 5 long years for these little moments and I wish I could just freeze time when they are happening.
![]() |
| Otis is so gentle with him! |


Current stats:
Weight: 7lb 10oz
Length: 19.5 inches
Next check up: 2 months









Do you think Greyson looks like me? My mom says he does.
ReplyDelete